What are the actual differences between these loom bands?
Quality versus cheap loom bands
So you buy a few bags and excitedly you start looming with your new loom bands and then whoops, one of them snap, oops and another one. As a loomaholic there is nothing worse than snapping a band half way through a creation never mind snapping a few.
You may often have a perfectly fine bag and sometimes be unfortunate enough to purchase a bag where half the bands snap.
Quality loom bands
Silicone versus Rubber loom bands
When deciding between silicone or rubber bands to loom with there are a few pointers to consider before making your choice.
- Silicone loom bands are slightly more expensive than Rubber loom bands
- Silicone bands last longer than rubber bands
- The quality of silicone loom bands is better than rubber bands
- Silicone bands definitely have a nicer end result with some of your easy bracelets
- Rubber bands are much better to work with, especially with the more intermediate and advanced loom band designs
- Rubber loom bands stretch much better than silicone
- Silicone bands put strain on your hook and if you don’t have a metal loom hook you’re most likely to snap a few of your plastic hooks
- Our rubber band colour selection is greater
- There are a few designs that have a better end result than silicone
Ultimately it’s a preference thing, and you would need to work with both to decide which you prefer if you can’t make up your mind from the above pointers. Personally I use rubber more, however I most certainly work a lot with silicone loom bands too.
Hope this helps, if I’ve left anything out please leave a comment below.